Ali Al Suwaidi, MD
On behalf of the Emirates Orthopaedic Society, it is an honor and privilege to invite you to the 8th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress to be held on February 27-29, 2020 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
We are fortunate to have an outstanding group of high profile speakers who will cover a range of exciting topics within Orthopaedic and all related fields and will attract a high number of delegates who are sure to benefit from the latest research and up-to-date information on offer.
The congress includes different methods such as comprehensive informative learning, panel discussions, refresher courses, and workshops in addition to industry symposia in order to provide an educational program that allows professionals from academe and industry to be updated with the latest researches and rapid developments occurring in the field.
Alongside the congress there will be an exhibition, providing attendees exposure to the most cutting-edge technologies. International companies will exhibit the latest innovations in the fields of pharmaceuticals and medical technology, resources and treatment solutions.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 8th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress in Dubai on February 27-29, 2020.
- Obtain critical updates on new technology, products and procedures
- Network with professional colleagues from across the country and around the world
- Evaluate a range of orthopaedic-related products for use in your clinical practice
- Expand your orthopedic knowledge into new specialty areas
- Get grounded in orthopaedic basics if you are new to the field
Congress Target Audience
- Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Trauma Surgeons
- Emergency Medicine Doctors
- Medical Students
- Sports Medicine Doctors
- Orthopaedic residents
- Pain Therapists
- Evidence-based medicine and research in orthopaedics
- Update in conditions of elbow wrist and hand
- Sport Medicine and Arthoscopy
- Joint Replacement and Recent Advances
- Trauma Care and Management
- Pain Management
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Management of Infection in Orthopaedic
To submit an abstract, please read all of the instructions below.
You are invited to submit an abstract for the 8th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress taking place on February 27-29, 2020 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Abstract submission deadline: Saturday, January 11th, 2020– 11:59 PM
Notification on Acceptance/Rejection: Monday, January 20th, 2020 – 11:59 PM
Please note that only electronic submissions are accepted.
Language & Content
All abstracts must be submitted in English using the online submission form on the www.UAEOrtho.com/8thEIOC/ website with a limit of 2,245 characters (approx. 300 words).
1. Abstracts must be submitted maximum by Saturday, January 11th, 2020 – (23:59 GMT).
2 .All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters on Friday, February 28th, 2020.
3 .Participation is accepted in 2 ways: Abstract Presentation as Poster or Oral Presentation.
4. Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing. It is possible to withdraw an abstract 14 days after notification on acceptance.
5 .If selected, it is the responsibility of the presenter to bear his travel and accommodation expenses.
Presenting Author and Registration
1. Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
2. Disclosure: Abstract submitter and presenter are required to disclose any conflict of interest.
3. Ensure that all co-authors approve the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
4. All presenters should be registered to the conference before February 15th, 2020.
5. Abstract submitters must consent to the Policies of Abstract Submission.
6. National Committee of AMR reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific program that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
Contents of your Abstract
1. Original works and Case Reports about Sport Medicine and Arthoscopy, Joint Replacement and Recent Advances, Trauma Care and Management, Pain Management, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Foot Care, Podiatry and Orthosis, Thrombosis in Orthopaedic, Management of Infection in Orthopaedic will be accepted.
2. The abstract text body is limited to 2,245 characters (Approx. 300 words) including spaces. (Please do not include the title and the author’s information in the text body (names and affiliations), this information will be required in the web form)
3. The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end.
4. There are no limitations on the number of abstracts that an individual can submit. However, one individual can only present a maximum of 2 abstract (independent of the format) during the entire conference. If you have more than 2 abstracts accepted, you will be obliged to identify alternate presenters for any abstract above the first two.
5. The abstract must include the following:
- Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
- Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
- Results: Present, your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
- Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
6. All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
7. No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of the author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online
8. Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
9. Use of brand names for all references to products or companies, generic names must be used. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. Conference scientific committee reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
10. Images that are uploaded to follow the abstract are not guaranteed inclusion in the conference materials.
20th January, 2020
19th February, 2020
20th February, 2020 onwards
|Non-Physicians & Residents|
Enhance your brand position and increase your exposure driving real value. Ensure your company stands out from the crowd by taking up one or more of these value-added opportunities!
Sponsorship of the 8th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress provides an excellent opportunity for companies operating within this exciting field to explore the market and interact to build lasting relationships with current and prospective clients at all levels and segments – corporate and government departments.
- Meeting your target audience face-to-face
- Direct selling to serious buyers in an active buying mode
- Building prospect databases
- Generating high-quality sales leads
- Building relationships with existing customers
- Demonstrating products / services
- Generating media exposure
- Building brand awareness
- Launching new products/ services
- Positioning your company as a market leader
- Targeting, testing and developing new markets
- Conducting market research
- Identifying and recruiting new distributors or partners
- Networking with industry peers
Exhibiting at the 8th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress presents multiple benefits to your company, including providing a comprehensive platform for targeted promotion and brand exposure where leading members of the Orthopaedic Surgery and related medicine fields interact to encourage networking and educational opportunities, and develop its future. Showcase your products to leading experts and professionals from both corporate and governmental departments as well as allied health specialists practicing Orthopaedic Surgery related medicine.
Booking is on a first-come-first-served basis. A trade exhibition covering pharmaceutical products, diagnostics and lab tests, lab ware, medical equipment, and instruments, will be organized during the conference at the same venue.