On behalf of the Emirates Orthopaedic Society Board of the Emirates Medical Association, it is an honor and privilege to invite you to the “7th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress”, to be held on April 11 – 13, 2019 in Dubai, The United Arab Emirates at the Event Centre, Dubai Festival City.
We are fortunate to have an outstanding group of high profile speakers from across the globe who will cover a range of exciting topics within Orthopaedic and all related fields will attract a high number of delegates who are sure to benefit from the latest research and up-to-date information on the congress.
The congress will also include different comprehensive informative learning, panel discussions, refresher courses, and workshops in addition to industry symposia, in order to provide an educational program that allows professionals from academia and industry to be updated with the latest researches and rapid developments occurring in the field.
We look forward to welcoming you to the “7th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress” in Dubai, on April 11 – 13, 2019.
Ali Al Suwaidi, MD
- Evidence Based Medicine and research in Orthopaedics.
- Advances in lower extremity trauma.
- Sports Medicine and Arthoscopy.
- Orthopaedics and Aging Community.
- Joint Replacement and Recent Advances.
- Common problems in Pediatric Orthopaedics.
- Trauma Care and Management.
- Pain Management.
- Foot Care, Podiatry and Orthosis.
- Osteoporosis and Low Back Pain.
- Thrombosis in Orthopaedic.
- Management of Infection in Orthopaedic.
Congress Target Audience
- Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Trauma Surgeons
- Emergency Medicine Doctors
- Medical Students
- Sports Medicine Doctors
- Orthopaedic residents
- Pain Therapists
You are invited to submit an abstract for the 7th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress, to be held on April 11 – 13, 2019 in Dubai, The United Arab Emirates at the Event Centre, Dubai Festival City.
Abstract submission deadline: 10th March 2019 – 11:59 PM
Notification on Acceptance/Rejection: 25th March 2019 – 11:59 PM
Please note that only electronic submissions are accepted.
All abstracts must be submitted in English using the online submission form on the EIOC website
- Abstracts are required for all presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted maximum by 10th March 2019 (23:59 GMT)
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing. It is possible to withdraw an abstract 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- If selected, it is the responsibility of the presenter to bear his travel and accommodation expenses.
Presenting Author and Registration
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
- Disclosure: Abstract submitter and presenter are required to disclose any conflict of interest
- Ensure that all co-authors approve the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
- All presenters should be registered to the conference before 31st March, 2019
- Abstract submitters must consent to the Policies of Abstract Submission
- Scientific committee reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific program that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance
Contents of your abstract
- Original works and Case Reports about Critical Ultrasound / Point of Care Ultrasound will be accepted.
- The abstract text body is limited to 3,000 characters (Approx. 500 words) including spaces. (Please do not include the title and the author’s information in the text body (names and affiliations), this information will be required in the web form)
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end.
- There are no limitations on the number of abstracts that an individual can submit. However, one individual can only present a maximum of 2 abstract (independent of the format) during the entire conference. If you have more than 2 abstracts accepted, you will be obliged to identify alternate presenters for any abstract above the first two.
- The abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online
- Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- Use of brand names for all references to products or companies, generic names must be used. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. Conference scientific committee reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
- Images that are uploaded to follow the abstract are not guaranteed inclusion in the conference materials.
1st February, 2019
14th March, 2019
15th March, 2019 onwards
|Non-Physicians & Residents|